How do I enrol my child?
To enrol your child in the Roslyn Primary School OSHC, you will need to contact our school office on (03) 5243 3538, or in person for an enrolment form.
You will require the following information when filling out your enrolment form:
– Centerlink CRN numbers for your family and child(ren)
– Parent/carer contact details
– Children details, including medical history, doctor’s information, diagnosis of allergy, asthma, anaphylaxis, dietary requirements or additional needs.
– Custody information (if relevant)
– Emergency contact details (both parents/carers if known, and a third emergency contact)
– Details of authorised persons for drop-off and pick-up
– Initial booking details (permanent, casual etc.)
How do I make a booking?
Permanent bookings can be arranged through the service Coordinator. Casual bookings are encouraged to be made through the school office during school hours, or by contacting the Coordinator.
Cancellations on the day
If you need to cancel the before or after school care booking on the day, please contact the service Coordinator directly using the mobile phone number, or contact the school. Parents or carers wishing to cancel their casual or permanent booking on a particular day are required to notify:
Morning session – before 5.30pm the previous day
Afternoon session – before 12.00pm the day of the session
Failure to do so will incur the fee for that booking.
What do I do if my child is unwell?
In the unfortunate event your child(ren) are unwell and unable to attend, we ask that you contact the service Coordinator, or the school directly to cancel the before or after school care attendance.
What happens if I’m running late?
If your child(ren) are collected after the service closing time you will be charged a fee of $1.00 per minute until pick up. All efforts should be made to inform the service.
Can I send a friend to pick up my child(ren)?
Yes, you can, but they MUST be registered as a authorised person. Sometimes ‘life happens’, so in the event you need to send someone who is not registered for pick up, then we require you to inform us, of their details with the following information:
– First and last name
– Relationship to child
– Date of Birth
– At least one phone number (preferably a mobile number)
– Home address
This information will be added to your child’s file.
Why is Childcare Subsidy not applying?
There could be a number of reasons the child care subsidy has not been applied by Centrelink. Check the following on you myGov Account:
– Have you confirmed the enrolment?
– Have you completed the activity statement (for both people associated with the account)?
– Have you submitted or updated your family’s annual income?
– Are you able to see your eligibility/entitlement?
What happens with early finishes and last day of term?
OSHC will operate from 2.30pm on the last day of school.
What happens on public holidays and curriculum days?
OSHC will not operate on public holidays, and will only operate on regular school days.
The school will offer full day care through OSHC, only if numbers warrant the need. Hours of operation on these days will be 7.30am – 6.00pm, however, opening time may vary. Fees will vary on these days depending on the activities planned.
Is breakfast supplied?
Yes, breakfast is supplied and may include:
– A choice of cereals: Weetbix, porridge, muesli, high-fibre cereal flakes served with milk
– Wholemeal/wholegrain toast and/or with small amounts of assorted spreads (e.g. margarine, Vegemite, 100% fruit jam)
Is afternoon tea provided?
We have a selection of nourishing snacks which ensures your child is energised for the afternoon ahead. Platters of seasonal fresh fruit and vegetables are regularly provided for children.
My child needs to take medication, what do I do?
If your child has asthma, anaphylaxis, an allergy or any other medical condition, we require the child’s action and medical plans to be provided.
If medication is required, please ensure you bring the medication in its original, with a use-by-date and clearly labelled with your child’s name. Please hand these to the Coordinator upon your arrival.
How do I provide feedback?
We welcome your feedback about your experiences using our services and working with our staff. You can contact our service Coordinator, the school Principal or Assistant Principal, or discuss your positive experiences or problems with our administration staff as well.
How do Foundation students transition?
All Foundation children will be take to their classroom in the mornings and be collected at the end of each day. This continues throughout the year, and we gradually increase the independence of our Foundation students later in the year to find their own way to OSHC.