At Roslyn Primary School – Outside School Hours Care we will provide inclusive practices for all by providing a program that caters for the differing ages and needs of children, treating them equally and with respect – all the while providing a safe, secure, welcoming and supportive environment.
Our OSHC program aims to:
– Provide quality care and supervision in a home-like environment where children feel welcomed, safe, secure and supported
– Have enjoyable and fun activities, allowing for choice and the opportunity for learning and discovery
– Encourage children in developing caring relationships through respect for themselves and others
– Provide a program that is inclusive and values and respects each child’s uniqueness and caters for all children’s needs
– Develop children’s awareness of the environment and promote an attitude of support for it
– Provide a program that promotes good communication with families and encourages their input and support
– Incorporate the National Quality Standards and the My Time Our Place Learning Framework into daily practices
– Commit to a culture of continuous improvement
Our Educational Framework
Our program utilises the ‘My Time, Our Place – Framework for School Age Care in Australia‘ developed by The Council of Australian Governments.
The My Time, Our Place Framework is focused on the following outcomes;
Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
Our activities and experiences are all based around these five outcomes, and are prominently displayed on our OSHC service board.
Children attending the OSHC program will be provided with nutritious breakfast or afternoon tea, depending on the time of service. The menu for the session will be displayed on the OSHC service board each day.
We utilise Seesaw to keep you in touch with what your child(ren) are doing in the Outside School Hours Care program. The Seesaw app is used by Roslyn Primary School to share learning and accomplishments.